Sports Medicine Fellowship
All applicants interested in beginning training on July 1 are required to apply using the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process. All interviews will be conducted virtually.
Our Sports Medicine Fellowship Program is a one-year program offering two positions per year. To be eligible for the program, applicants must be either a United States citizen or permanent resident. We currently do not sponsor any visas.
IMPORTANT NOTE: During the 2023 recruitment and interview season we will not be accepting applications nor participating in the NRMP Match.
Information Needed to Apply on ERAS
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical school diploma
- Dean’s Letter of Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal statement
- ECFMG Proof of Certification (International Medical Graduates Only)
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and/or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcripts, as applicable
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, an English translation of the document must be provided
NRMP Program Information
Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
|Sports Medicine Southwest Healthcare MEC
Our program will not be accepting applications in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) during the 2023 recruitment season.
Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
International Medical School Graduates
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must have the following:
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate before starting orientation
What to Expect on Interview Day
- All granted interviews will be conducted virtually
- Welcome by the Program Director
- 2-3 interviews lasting 20-30 minutes each with the Program Director and other faculty
Applicants who accept an offer to begin fellowship training with our program must provide the following documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript with degree issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of permanent resident card, if applicable
- Copy of CA unrestricted license
- Copy of residency training verification
- Copies of current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (American Heart Association® Approved)
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (i.e. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then an English translation of the documents must be provided
- Attending orientation during the last week in June
In addition, applicants must successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements prior to the appointment date. Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the program.