A message from Talha Memon, MD
Program Director, Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program
Welcome to the Southwest Healthcare Medical Education Consortium Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program. Thank you for your interest in our program. We are an ACGME-accredited community-based program in Southwest Riverside County in California. We invite you to take a closer look at our program and are confident that you will be impressed by all we have to offer.
The mission of our program is to develop sleep medicine physicians who will provide comprehensive and collaborative care that is patient-centered within a culturally and socio-economically diverse working environment. The program will serve to bring together several medical specialties that will work together to mold and transform sleep medicine fellows into balanced and holistic physicians.
Fellows rotate through a hospital system that is recognized nationally for quality of care and patient safety. Inpatient rotations occur at Temecula Valley Hospital. The diversity of patients and breadth of pathology provides our fellows with an exceptional training experience. Our diverse faculty come from a multitude of backgrounds and experiences providing an enriched and nurturing environment to develop and grow as a physician. Through your fellowship training, you will gain proficiency in clinical diagnosis and management, as well as in polysomnogram interpretation.
Unique attributes of our program include:
- Unique training experience at each clinical site:
- Rady Childrens Hospital: One month of Pediatric Sleep Medicine experience
- Complete Sleep Solutions: Adult and Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Continuity Clinic, Polysomnograms, Positive-Airway Pressure Clinics, Insomnia Clinic
- United ENT: Surgical management of sleep disordered breathing including Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulators
- Temecula Valley Hospital: Inpatient Sleep Medicine Consultations
- Integra: Adult and Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Continuity Clinic, Polysomnograms, Positive-Airway Pressure Clinics
- Experienced and diverse faculty – Our Sleep Medicine program is sponsored by Internal Medicine, providing us with many more resources with regard to faculty, clinical rotations and research opportunities.
- Close integration with other fellowship programs at UHS – Sleep fellows are treated the same as categorical IM fellows when on respective rotations. This ensures a consistent, high-quality training experience and full access to all resources provided by each clinical rotation.
- Emphasis on fellow well-being – We have an integrated wellness curriculum and activities.
- Temecula and the surrounding wine country is a beautiful place to live with great affordable housing, highly rated schools, great restaurants and easy access to hiking, camping, beaches and skiing.
We are extremely proud of the quality of the program we have built, curating the best training experiences delivered with the help of outstanding diverse clinical faculty who are passionate about teaching and carrying forward a culture of excellence. We hope you will join us in this endeavor to develop the highest-caliber physicians for our community and beyond.
Thank you for your interest, and we hope to connect with you soon.
Our program brings together a wide variety of healthcare professionals who will work together to mold and transform our fellows into balanced and holistic physicians.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process.