*effective July 1, 2022
The UHS Southern California Medical Education Consortium offers a comprehensive benefits package for residents, including medical, dental, vision and other benefits. Coverage is also offered for family members at an additional cost to the fellow.
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- Vision Service Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance (basic and supplemental options)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (basic & supplemental options)
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability Plans
- Voluntary Benefits Program
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Paid Leave and PTO Plan: Paid leaves (i.e. medical, FMLA) are subject to FMLA and or State of CA laws. The paid time off (PTO) plan provides the Fellow with four (4) weeks paid time off or twenty (20) working days at 100% paid stipend. Unused PTO may not be paid out as additional income.
- The total time off taken by the Fellow must not exceed thirty (30) calendar days in an academic year.
- Unpaid Leave: Unpaid leaves (i.e. medical, FMLA) are subject to FMLA and/or State of CA laws.
- Lab coats and scrubs
- On-duty meal allowance
- Fellow wellness and life/work balance support
- Riverside County Medical Association (RCMA) and California Medical Association (CMA) Memberships
- All fellows are expected to begin fellowship with certification is BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association approved).
- Full access to Western University of Health Sciences online library and resources
- Fellows are provided with an annual educational stipend to support educational and professional expenses. Requests will be subject to prior approval by the Program Director and DIO.
- USMLE/COMLEX Step III registration
- Post-Graduate Training License
- Other eligible educational and professional expenses include medical books, point of care subscription or tools, medical training software, professional medical journals, and/or online journal subscriptions.
- Conferences and travel-related expenses at specialty-related training events. Travel-related expenses must follow institutional policies and procedures.
- Medical equipment (e.g. stethoscope)
- Research-related expenses for IRB-approved research projects or presentations of such research projects at conferences, professional society meetings, etc.
- Non-allowable expenses include items for personal use outside of training such as computers, cell phones, etc., are not eligible for reimbursement
- Housing: Personal housing must be obtained and fully paid for by the Fellow.