Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, changes have been made to the application process. All interviews will be conducted virtually.
Our Pulmonary Disease Fellowship Program offers two positions per academic year. To be eligible for the program, applicants must be either a United States citizen or permanent resident. We currently do not sponsor any visas.
All applicants are required to apply using the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process. Applications submitted via mail, email or fax will not be processed.
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Please register with NRMP if you wish to be matched with our program. We will not accept any applicants outside the NRMP Match.
Information Needed to Apply
- ERAS Common Application Form (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical school diploma
- Dean’s Letter of Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation
- Letter from the Program Director for prior training program
- Personal statement
- ECFMG Proof of Certification (International Medical Graduates Only)
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and/or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcripts, as applicable
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, an English translation of the document must be provided
NRMP Program Information
Pulmonary Disease Fellowship Program
|Program Name:||Pulmonary Disease UHS SoCal MEC|
Interviews and Appointments
Our program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of fellowship program-related criteria such as their ability, aptitude, academic credentials and communication skills, and personal characteristics such as motivation, integrity and overall alignment with the mission of the program.
Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
International Medical School Graduates
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must have the following:
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate before starting fellowship orientation
What to Expect on Interview Day
- Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all granted interviews will be conducted virtually
- Welcome by the Program Director
- 2-4 interviews lasting 20-30 minutes each with the Program director and other faculty
Applicants who accept an offer to begin fellowship training with our program must provide the following documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript with degree issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of permanent resident card, if applicable
- Documentation of application for Postgraduate Training License as required by the Medical Board of California
- Copies of current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (American Heart Association approved)
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (i.e. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then an English translation of the documents must be provided
In addition, applicants must successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements prior to the appointment date. Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the program.