We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Please register with NRMP if you wish to be matched with our program. We will not accept any applicants outside the NRMP Match.
Information Needed to Apply on ERAS
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter of Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation (Note: One Letter of Recommendation should be submitted from a family medicine physician or primary care provider)
- Personal statement
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and/or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcripts, as applicable
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, an English translation of the document must be provided
NRMP Program Information
Family Medicine Residency Program
|Program Name:||Family Medicine UHS SoCal MEC|
Interviews and Appointments
Our program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and are reviewed from September through January. Interviews occur October through February. You will be notified if you have been granted an interview.
Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their ability, aptitude, academic credentials and communication skills, and personal characteristics such as motivation, integrity and overall alignment with the mission of the program.
Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
International Medical School Graduates
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must have the following:
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate before starting residency orientation
- California Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) or California Medical License
- A graduation date prior to April 1 of the application year
What to Expect on Interview Day
- Welcome by the Program Director with meal
- Approximately 5–7 interviews lasting 20 minutes each
- Tour of hospitals and clinic
Travel and Directions
- From Ontario International Airport: Take the 15 South to Temecula Parkway (79 South) and head east, approximately 2 miles
- From San Diego International Airport: Take the 5 South to the 163 North to the 15 North, exit Temecula Parkway (79 South) and head east, approximately 2 miles
- Visitor parking is complementary around the facility
Applicants who successfully match with our program must provide the following documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript with degree issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of permanent resident card, if applicable
- Copies of current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) certification only if completed prior to starting residency)
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (i.e. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then an English translation of the documents must be provided
In addition, applicants must successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements prior to the appointment date. Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the program.