Cardiology Fellowship Program
A message from Jeremy Cox, DO, FACC
Program Director, Cardiology Fellowship Program
Welcome to the UHS Southern California Medical Education Consortium (SoCal MEC) Cardiology Fellowship Program. Thank you for your interest. We are an ACGME accredited community-based program in Southwest Riverside County. I invite you to take a closer look at our program and I’m confident you will be impressed by all we have to offer.
The mission of our program is to develop physicians who will provide comprehensive and collaborative care that is patient centered within a culturally and socio-economically diverse working environment. The program will serve to bring together several medical specialties that will work to mold and transform Cardiology Fellows into balanced and holistic physicians.
Fellows will rotate through a multi-hospital system that is recognized nationally for quality of care and patient safety. Inpatient rotations occur at Temecula Valley Hospital, Inland Valley Medical Center, Rancho Springs Medical Center and Corona Regional Medical Center. The diversity of patients and breadth of pathology provides an exceptional training experience. Our faculty come from a multitude of backgrounds and experiences providing an enriched and nurturing environment for fellows.
Unique attributes of our program include:
- Unique training experience at each hospital in addition to inpatient consultative services:
- Temecula Valley Hospital – Four cath labs, STEMI, structural heart disease, endovascular medicine, electrophysiology, cardiothoracic surgery
- Inland Valley Medical Center – Level II Trauma Center
- Rancho Springs Medical Center – Women’s health and maternity
- Corona Regional Medical Center – Two cath labs, STEMI, electrophysiology
- Experienced and well-trained faculty covering all aspects of Cardiology Fellowship training
- Emphasis on well-being – integrated wellness curriculum and activities
- Temecula and the surrounding wine country is a beautiful place to live with great affordable housing, highly rated schools, great restaurants and easy access to hiking, camping, beaches, and skiing
We are extremely proud of the quality program we have built, curating the best training experiences delivered with the help of outstanding diverse clinical faculty who are passionate about teaching and carrying forward a culture of excellence. We hope you will join us in this endeavor to develop the highest caliber physicians for our community and beyond.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to connect with you soon!
Our curriculum features clinical rotations at four hospitals, didactics and research.
Faculty and Instructors
Our faculty consists of prominent physicians with immeasurable experience and considerable years in the field.
Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process.